Monday, June 29, 2009

  • 10:56 @damnfinebooks maybe...gotta get the print side sorted out first, it's terribly complex. What are your thoughts on ebooks? #
  • 10:59 @twitterfox Your last 2 updates worsened my user experience - what's with the scrollbar? When I pull it to the bottom it doesn't go there. #
  • 11:02 How do I get files off an old Pentium with no LAN card, no USB, & bung floppy drive? Dial-up should work but I've no account. Ideas, anyone? #
  • 11:04 @damnfinebooks I have already published my first book; transferring to global-distribution printer is now necessary. Tough bit: file format. #
  • 11:24 @astonwest What's a null modem cable? It does have a phone line for dialup, is that it? #
  • 11:25 Yeah @bookme4life @yomcat that would work - IF i had another tower, lol. Only ever had laptops since that one. #
  • 11:27 @angeldominguez It has no LAN. Don't really want to buy more gadgets. #
  • 12:33 Ooh, is that the sun?? It's been four days at least! That was some storm in Auckland last night huh? #
  • 12:51 @Schnicker Yeah - found all sorts of creaks I didn't know the house had until it faced that much water. Like sleeping in a waterfall. #
  • 12:55 Indecisions!! Review book I finished last night? Read another book? Critique another? Rewrite another? Rewrite my own 2nd/3rd? Write my 4th? #
  • 13:56 Check out today's review: The Paradise War by Stephen Lawhead. Celtic Mythology! tinyurl.com/n6fmf5 #
  • 14:13 Nobody wanted to help me decide what to do next so I wrote a review and scheduled three others. Now...Read/Crit/Edit others, or write mine? #
  • 16:40 New wave of email spam is short random poetry, looks like it's cut from various sources. No links, no attachments, just purple prose. Weird. #
  • 18:06 wow pretty cool vid of last night's lightning: tinyurl.com/nzm62f can't find who from cause @twitterfox ate my feed #
  • 20:31 @macaronique Aha. I wish I still had that "bounce message" function that was the only good thing about Incredimail. It was very useful! #
  • 20:33 @yomcat hmm yeah good point. don't think it can do anything inside webmail though? Not that I know anything much. #
  • 20:39 RT: @thecreativepenn: Do Writers Have a Role in the Future of Virtual Worlds? short.to/hpd0 (via @joankremer ) #
  • 20:42 @yomcat aha I see. I'll have a poke around and see what I find. Actually I could deactivate that address as I don't use it much any more... #
  • 20:43 That last link I posted is to a cool exhibition in Second Life that is only running till June 30th. I'll definitely be taking a look! #
Posted by LoudTwitter