Wednesday, May 27, 2009

  • 13:13 RT: @jcdelatorre: Jeremy Robinson's Pulse is here - if you love thrillers - pick up this bad boy! www.jeremyrobinsononline.com/ #
  • 16:39 Wow, right now all the hills from the Coromandel to the Karangahake Gorge are drenched in evening sunlight - I never saw it like this before #
  • 17:13 Today's translation means I'm very dangerous as I now know how to manipulate buyers of expensive handbags! Just as well I don't want to :) #
  • 17:20 @ClaireDel wow yeah just look at that sky! #
  • 17:52 I am chronically unable to discover what the VFA Method might be. Has to do with sales talk. Could be purely German & need translation. Ack! #
  • 18:11 Well, since I can't find any sensible solution to the VFA problem I'm going to leave as is and hope it's an English acronym in the 1st place #
  • 18:12 RT: @natobasso: twitpic.com/61gd1 - Sunset in Auckland over One Tree Hill tonight (via @epicbeer) #
  • 18:34 @yomcat thanks but those don't fit the context either... #
  • 18:35 @natobasso nope, none of the above! But thanks for trying! #
  • 18:36 @raphaelschory I don't think so - from the context it's a psychological method to convince customers to buy. Seriously manipulative. #
  • 19:27 Thanks @raphaelschory @natobasso but all of the context is in German! & only mentioned as something already learned. Will have to leave it. #
  • 19:28 @Courageous_one well gee, that book sure costs a bit more than the smell of an oily rag! Online for free, now that would make sense :P #
  • 20:08 Reading a lot of funny perspectives on Kiwi culture at www.kiwianarama.co.nz - Slight language warning btw. Very interesting stuff! #
  • 20:55 @natobasso I appreciate your effort! But it's only mentioned as a system already learned in the context of sales pitches for handbags. #
  • 20:56 @dubh I think you can get around that using hotspotshield.com - at least it should let you buy from Amazon US. Haven't tried it myself yet. #
  • 21:52 Yay I finished my translation and sent it off. Too late to watch any Trek now, sigh. Well, tomorrow's another day, and no deadlines! #
  • 22:16 @raphaelschory well I never did find out. I had to leave it and hope it's known jargon to the store's internal employees. #
Posted by LoudTwitter